“Just tell me what to eat!” is the most popular comment I get when I tell people that we eat wheat-free.
Now that you’re eating wheat free, you want to choose to eat all your favorite healthy foods (excluding wheat foods, of course) and avoid the foods you really don’t like.
Let’s take a wheat free food inventory of your preferences as well as the rest of your family. Here is my current Wheat Free Kitchen Grocery List for our family. You’re welcome to use my list or make your own. Make sure you include lots of fruits, veggies, and leafy greens on your inventory list. Everything else is negotiable.
- Print a copy of my free Wheat Free Kitchen Grocery List printable here
- Use a highlighter or circle all your favorite foods (my favorites are raspberries and papaya)
- Cross off all the things you won’t eat (I don’t like seafood so you wont find it on my list so add it at the end if you enjoy those foods)
- Ask the rest of the family what their favorite foods are on the list and mark their initials next to those foods. This is now your master grocery list!
- This gives you the knowledge you need to start substituting the unhealthier wheat foods with more of the healthier foods you know your family loves. For example, Kaden says he loves mangoes and would be happy to trade his morning cereal for a mango for breakfast instead.
- Take your new master grocery list and use it as a starting point for your grocery shopping and meal planning.
Here is a copy below of what is in my current Wheat Free Kitchen Grocery List looks like.
|Blackberries||Bell peppers||Cilantro – dried||Dry Beans|
|Cantaloupe||Brussel sprouts||Cloves||RAW NUTS/SEEDS|
|Cherries||Cabbage||Cumin||(no salt/not roasted)|
|Dates||Celery||Mustard Seeds||Chia seeds|
|Figs||Chili peppers||Nutmeg||Flax Seed|
|Grapefruit||Cilantro – fresh||Oregano||Hemp Seeds|
|Kiwi||Garlic||Pink Himalayan Salt||Pistachios|
|Limes||Green Beans||Tarragon||Sesame Seeds|
|Mangos||Green Peas||Thyme||Sesame Tahini|
|Papayas||Leafy Greens||Raw Honey||FRIDGE|
|Pears||Mushrooms||Pure Maple Syrup||Hummus|
|Plums||Onions||Raisins||Free range chicken|
|Pomegranates||Parsnips||Dates||Grass fed beef/turkey|
|Wild Blueberries||Romaine lettuce||Coconut Oil|